Golf * Recreation * Spa
1) THE BEAR TRACE AT TIMS FORD – 891 Wiseman Bend Rd., Winchester. Jack Nicklaus Signature 18-hole golf course designated one of the “Top 10 Places You Can Play in North America” by Golf Magazine in 2000. (888) 558-2327. www.tngolftrail.net.
2) CENTERVILLE MUNICIPAL GOLF COURSE – 2351 Skyview Drive, Centerville. (931) 729-2474 - 9 hole course. www.townofcenterville.com
3) CITY OF FAYETTEVILLE PARKS & RECREATION – 1203 Winchester Hwy., Fayetteville. Outdoor swimming pool, athletic programs for youth & adults, lessons & classes, gun range, facility rentals, playground. (931) 433-6059
4) HENRY HORTON STATE PARK – 4358 Nashville Hwy., Chapel Hill. Challenging 18-hole golf course located 45 minutes south of downtown Nashville. Open daily. (931) 364-2319. www.tngolftrail.net
5) HENRY HORTON DISC GOLF - N. Park Rd, Chapel Hill, TN 9 fairway disc golf course among many trees.
6) HILLCREST COUNTRY CLUB - 635 Campbellsville Rd, Pulaski, TN (931) 363-5630 9 hole regulation course designed & opened in 1957.
7) HOHENWALD MUNICIPAL GOLF COURSE – 840 Columbia Hwy., Hohenwald. 9-hole public course considered by many to be the best in the state. Driving range & practice greens. Open daily, 7AM-dusk, except holidays. (931) 796-5421
8) KING’S CREEK GOLF COURSE – 3901 Kedron Rd., Spring Hill. (800) 242-8730. www.kingscreekgolf.com
9) LAWRENCEBURG GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB – 1901 West Gaines St. Lawrenceburg, TN 931-762-2500 18 holes over 5,840 yards with a par 71.
10) LAWRENCEBURG DISK GOLF COURSE – 501 West Gaines Street, Lawrenceburg, TN Challenging holes running alongside a creek on both the front and back. Elevation change on most holes. Lightly wooded. Front 9 at Scout Park and back 9 at Hope Springs Park.
11) LEWISBURG RECREATION CENTER – 1551 Mooresville Hwy., Lewisburg. Basketball, tennis & racquetball courts; indoor & outdoor pools; hot tub; indoor & outdoor tracks; aerobics & fitness rooms; pro shop; playground; 9-hole golf course. Open Mon.-Fri., 6am-9pm; Sat., 8am-5pm; Sun., 1-5pm. Call for rates. (931) 359-2482
12) MANCHESTER RECREATION COMPLEX – 557 N. Woodland St., Manchester. Basketball & racquetball courts; indoor track; indoor competition, therapy & kiddie pools; outdoor pool; game room; aerobics & gymnastics rooms; wellness room & nursery. Open Mon.-Thurs., 5am-9pm; Fri., 5am-6pm; Sat., 7:30am-5pm; Sun., 1-5pm. Call for rates. (931) 728-0273. www.cityofmanchestertn.com
13) REDHAWK DISC GOLF COURSE – 1228 E. College St., Pulaski, TN This is a 9 fairway disc golf course with multiple tee pads and hole locations.
14) SADDLE CREEK GOLF CLUB – 1480 Fayetteville Hwy., Lewisburg. Classic Gene Bates Signature 18-hole public course that challenges all levels. (931) 422-2014. www.saddlecreekgc.com
15) SCOUT PARK DISC GOLF – 669 West Gaines St., Lawrenceburg, TN Challenging holes running alongside a creek on both the front and back. Elevation on most holes. Lightly wooded.
16) TN FITNESS SPA – 299 Natural Bridge Park Rd., Waynesboro. The perfect backdrop for a fitness and weight loss retreat, just 2 hours southwest of Nashville; week-long and 3-day programs available. Begin your journey to a healthier you! (931) 722-5589, www.tfspa.com
17) WAYNESBORO MUNICIPAL GOLF COURSE – 725 Green River Rd., Waynesboro. 9-hole course. (931) 722-3948 www.cityofwaynesboro.org
18) VICTORY FUN PARK, INC. – 636 East Church St., Lewisburg. Outdoor mini golf course, 2 automated batting cages, party room, wheelchair & stroller accessible. Located at the corner of Ellington Pkwy and East Church St, across from Wendy’s in Lewisburg. (931) 422-5450. www.victoryfunpark.com
19) WILLOWBROOK GOLF COURSE – 6751 McMinnville Hwy., Manchester. 18-hole course. (931) 728-8989. www.golfwillowbrook.net
20) WINCHESTER CITY PARK – 1561 Phillip Fulmer Hwy., Winchester. 100-acre park on Tims Ford Lake with campground, swimming pools, biking & walking trails, fishing piers, boat launch & playgrounds. (931) 967-2532
21) WOODLAND PARK DISC GOLF COURSE – 821 W 9th St., Columbia, TN 931-388-8119
Besides the beauty of our countryside, the splendor of our seasons and the warmth of our people, here are some unique things about our counties, cities and towns:
Download the latest South Central Tennessee Vacation Guide here: